UTS Parents' Association
Click here to see a short video from just some of the many UTS extra-curricular activities that have benefited so much from UTSPA funding.
UTS has a strong and committed Parents’ Association, known as UTSPA. UTSPA’s primary purpose is to:
- foster a feeling of community among parents, students and school staff;
- provide support and assistance to school programs and special projects;
- actively encourage and co-ordinate parent volunteer activity; and
- participate in the vision for the school.
We engage in a number of different activities, including:
- Communicate with parents about UTS news and issues through bulletins, newsletters and meetings;
- Solicit parent input, both formally and informally, through town hall meetings and surveys, on issues such as proposed changes at UTS;
- Consult with the Administration and Board of Directors on issues such as the governance of the school;
- Fundraise through an annual campaign and occasional special events, to provide enrichment to all facets of the school program;
- Allocate donated funds by evaluating requests from student groups and staff to fund things like special events, co-curricular activities, and equipment;
- Organize the social component of various events by providing volunteers and refreshments;
- Conduct UTSPA business in a professional manner according to our constitution and bylaws.
All UTS parents are automatically members of the Parents’ Association, which provides a wonderful forum for meeting and talking with other parents, as well as opportunities for parents to support the aims of the school. As a parent, you can participate in many ways:
- attend UTSPA’s General Meetings, to discuss current issues, receive updates from the Administration and members of UTSPA’s Executive Committee, and hear guests speakers on topics such as handling stress in gifted adolescents;
- become a member of the Executive Committee during the election held at UTSPA’s Annual General Meeting each June,
- volunteer to help with your annual grade-hosted event where you will work directly with other grade parents as a team to create and provide receptions and events that benefit the entire school community; and
- support our wonderful students and staff by attending school events (e.g., concerts, art shows, athletic events, science fairs), judging debating competitions, loaning materials or expertise to help facilitate various student clubs and initiatives, or in any other opportunity you may find or create.
We hope you will accept our invitation to become involved in UTSPA in whatever way you can. With so many activities to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find a way to contribute that fits your interests, skills and available time. Through your participation, you will enjoy the talents of our students, get to know and appreciate the school’s dedicated staff, and have the pleasure of meeting a tremendously diverse and talented group of parents who are working together to make this renowned institution even more remarkable.
Please join us at the next event or General Meeting, or contact at mailto:email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!